Nursing school is a grind. It’s a big job and many people are adult students when they go to school to be a nurse, which adds to the stress. Instead of feeling overwhelmed look to online resources that can help you out when the going gets tough. These YouTube videos go over the essentials of nursing school, including how to prep for tests, make it through clinicals and cultivate a nurse-patient relationship that reminds you why you got in to nursing in the first place.
YouTube Videos Over Nursing School
Get the scoop on what to expect when entering nursing school from these vloggers and informative industry professionals.
- Up! Nursing School Style This vlogger takes you through the day in the life of a nursing school student. It gives you a sense of the camaraderie developed during any vigorous program and shows the work you can expect to learn. It’s also important to read the comments section for a healthy debate about the nursing industry
- Nursing School: The Classes What kind of classes come along with studying to be a nurse? This vlogger tells you how your daily routine will go while enrolled in courses for nursing school. She also goes over costs and textbooks.
- Life as a Senior Nursing Student This vlogger is a joy to watch because she doesn’t hold back when it comes to the truth behind nursing. It’s a grueling job of long hours and a serious commitment and this nursing student shares the real deal.
- Pediatric Nurse Trying to figure out what sector of nursing to go into? This video gives you the skinny on what it means to be a pediatric nurse. You’re tending to kids daily and for some, this makes the job worthwhile.
- Becoming a Registered Nurse: How to Become a Registered Nurse Learn from this nurse working in the ER how to go about becoming a nurse. A video like this one is a good crash course in what to expect in the coming few years, if you end up signing up for classes.
- Men in Nursing Males in nursing is a subject that’s briefly touched on and this student nurse gives you the scoop on what’s what. Male nurses are becoming more common, but there’s still some stigma associated with men who choose to be nurses and this vlogger breaks down why.
- Journey to Becoming a Student Nurse If you’re unsure of where to start your nursing career, check out this helpful video. This student nurse shares how she signed up for classes, what course she’s enrolled in and how long the program will take. Nursing school takes up a lot of time and is best fit for those who don’t work or work part-time jobs.
- Journey to Becoming a Nurse – Online Classes Online course are the norm for nursing majors completing their degrees. Before going into clinicals, some nursing students opt for online classes so they can work at their own pace. This vlogger explains the drill of online nursing courses.
- How to Get Medical Jobs: How to Become a Nurse Anesthetist A nurse anesthetist is a position that’s high in demand. It does require you to go above and beyond the standard nursing school classes, but that also means far more responsibility and pay once you land a position.
- How to Get Medical Jobs: How to Become a Neonatal Nurse Learn what it takes to become a neonatal nurse. This type of nurse works exclusively with babies and requires extra training, after already being a RN or advanced practice nurse.
- Advice to Future Nursing Students This video is aimed at high school students who are thinking of obtaining a nursing degree. It gives you insight on what to expect in nursing school, what types of classes you’ll be required to take and how to find out what type of nurse you may want to be (remember nursing is one career with many job options).
- 3 Tips on How to Be Successful In Nursing School Clinicals Clinicals is when you’re endurance as a nurse is tested in a serious way. This is what it will be like once you’re on the job and patients are calling you nurse, so watch this video for tips on how to excel during training.
- How Hard is Nursing School? Is nursing school as tough as you think? Definitely! Get an insider’s look at what it’s like to attend nursing school daily and how difficult the courses are. This vlogger also explains the various courses you’ll have to take, allowing you to get a feel of nursing school and access whether it’s a good fit for you.
- What It Takes to Be a Nurse Think you have what it takes to be a nurse? Check out this video which gives you a peek at what it’s like to be on the job every day. It’s long hours, a lot of labor and you have to mentally be on your toes at all times.
YouTube Videos on Nursing Tests, Exams and Certification
- Nursing School: Study/Organization Tips Getting organized is one of the best ways to keep track of everything you’re learning in nursing school. When it’s time to study for an exam, you want easy access to your material and this vlogger shares her tricks of the trade.
- Nursing School Tips This hilarious vlogger shows you how to get through nursing school without tearing your hair out. He also shares a few study habits that will ensure you’re ready come test time.
- NCLEX RN Exam Prep This Filipino nursing student shares his tips on studying for his RN exam. It is a heartfelt look at someone who truly loves the profession of nursing and understand that hard work means great reward once his career starts.
- Starting Nursing School: Study Tips This nursing student shows you how she preps for class tests and a few of her study habits. Learning how to study is essential to keeping up with all of the information you learn in nursing school.
- NCLEX RN Study Review This is an honest look at prepping for the NCLEX RN exam. It is a difficult test that every nurse must take and this video offers tips that will help get your head in the game when the big day arrives.
- Study Skills for Nursing Students We said it once and we’ll say it again – it’s all about organization! Starting ahead of time and avoiding procrastinating are two of the key components to doing well in nursing school and testing well. This nurse tells you why it’s important to stay on top of your studies.
Studying for nursing exams and certification can be tough. Check out these vlogs and videos over how to prep for an exam and be sure you’re ready to do well on a certification test when crunch time sets in.
Nursing is a rewarding profession. It is a career that’s high in demand and gives a person many options. Working in different areas of nursing can change the entire dynamic of the career. While many nurses experience burnout after a few years on the job, it’s the type of career where moving to another department or another facility, such as from the ER to a nursing home, can vastly change the experience. There are many message boards and forums to aide your journey in surviving nursing school.